[Mesa-dev] Building Mesa for Windows using Visual Studio

Predut, Marius marius.predut at intel.com
Fri Apr 3 05:34:16 PDT 2015

How I build mesa on windows:

1.install Microsoft vs 2013(not 2012 or less).

2.install last python 2.7 : https://www.python.org/downloads/
install pywin32 from http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pywin32/pywin32/Build%20219/pywin32-219.win32-py2.7.exe
download win flex-bison from http://sourceforge.net/projects/winflexbison/
and unzip into c:\win_flex_bison

3.Environment settings.
Add these near the top of your PATH:
C:\Python27
C:\Python27\Scripts
c:\win_flex_bison
if you use proxy add FTP_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY env. variables.

4.install pip by downloading get-pip.py file from:
 https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html
and then run:
python get-pip.py --proxy="[user:passwd@]proxy.server:port"

5.Add mako, lxml and NumPy python modules by pip
pip install Mako
pip install lxml
pip install NumPy (not mandatory I think)

6.install scons from http://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/?source=typ_redirect

7.Build mesa:
scons build=release machine=x86 platform=windows libgl-gdi
or simple run: scons.
This should create an opengl32.dll in build\windows-x86\gallium\targets\libgl-gdi

OBS:

Why vs 2013 and not vs 2012:
the VS 2012  partially implement C++ TR1 C99 standard library already used into the  latest upstream mesa.
(http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx)
In vs 2012 the math.h don't include rint, rintf, rintl library support used in mesa even if the MSDN say contrary :
https://msdn.microsoft.com/nl-nl/dn465165.)
Mesa uses those API in mesa\src\util\rounding.h.

marius