XDC 2019: Getting around, breakfast & social events!

Mark Filion mark.filion at collabora.com
Mon Sep 30 14:50:32 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

Only a few days to go before XDC 2019 kicks off next week in Montréal!
As we finalize the last remaining details to ensure you have the best
possible experience, we are excited to share the following updates
regarding this year's conference.

1) Getting around

As a reminder, please make sure to take a look at the XDC 2019 website
for information regarding getting to, and from, the airport and
downtown. The easiest option is 747 Express airport shuttle, which
operates 24/7/365, costs $10 CAD and will get you to one of the nine
downtown stops in 40 to 60 minutes (depending on traffic). Note that
the ticket also gives you access to the metro & bus system for 24
hours.

https://xdc2019.x.org/event/5/page/35-attending-xdc-2019

2) Breakfast

This year, in addition to the traditionally sponsored coffee breaks, we
are very happy to announce that breakfast will also be provided daily &
free of charge to attendees! Breakfast will be available in the
conference centre lobby (where the registration desk will be), from
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., or until we run out! As they say, the early
bird gets the worm!

3) Social events

Tuesday, October 1 @ 7:00 p.m.: XDC 2019 Welcome Party

The tradition continues! Sponsored by Collabora, this year's welcome
event takes place at Kampai Garden, right next to the venue. Drinks
(alcoholic & non alcoholic) and food will be provided for free for
registered attendees. There will be a counter to check-in when you
arrive. If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please
contact us as soon as possible.

Kampai Garden - 1616 Saint-Catherine St West
https://www.kampaigarden.com/

Wednesday, October 2 @ 7:30 p.m.: XDC 2019 Reception

After a busy first day of presentations, we've reserved a space for all
attendees at Bier Markt on René-Lévesque Boulevard West, and the first
round of drinks, whether alcoholic or non alcoholic, will be sponsored
by X.Org! With one of the best beer list in Montreal (150 from over 30
countries and over 40 local crafts), and some great food, it will be
the perfect place to unwind and network with fellow attendees!

Bier Markt - 1221 René-Lévesque Blvd West, Montréal
https://www.thebiermarkt.com/en/locations/montreal.html

Saturday, October 5: Sightseeing activity in Old Montréal

Another tradition continues, for attendees staying beyond the
conference. This year, we'll be doing a 2-hour, guided walking tour (in
English) of beautiful Old Montréal. As usual, attendees will need to
cover the costs on their own, however the tour should only be around
$20 CAD. Following the tour, we'll stop for lunch in the area.

We need to confirm early to reserve the guide for the tour, so if you
are interested in attending, please let us know as soon as possible by
sending an email to frederic.plourde at collabora.com.

Please reach out to mark.filion at collabora.com if you have any questions
regarding the conference.

See you soon!