XDC 2018 feedback

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at bootlin.com
Thu Oct 4 14:21:49 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 04:40:02PM +0200, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez wrote:
> Now that XDC 2018 is over, it is time to gather feedback!
>
> We would like to ask to all the attendees and the ones following us
> online for feedback about the conference. We are going to forward the
> received feedback to X.Org Foundation in order to take it into account
> for future events.
>
> Feel free to reply publicly here, or send it privately to us
> (xdc2018 at gpul.org).

First off, the organization was amazing this year. All the little
details (reminders in the public buses, the balloons to go to the
restaurant, etc.) were really great, and I'd really like to see it in
some other conferences now :)

I guess my feedback will mostly be around the talks themselves. Others
have already pointed out that the schedule could have been busier, so
I won't add anything on that.

However, I guess that there was also not a lot of diversity in the
subjects of the talks: I've had mostly the feeling that it was only
about Intel, process and/or CI, thursday especially, where all talks
but Jerome's were about that.

I guess it's great if you're an Intel engineer working on GPUs, but if
you're working on a different platform on display, well...

I'd definitely expect to have a significant part of the talks to be
around those subjects: after all, Intel is probably the biggest
contributor to open source graphics, its platform is widely used, and
CI is hype.

Having a bunch of talks for the other type of audience would be great
though.

Thanks again to everyone involved!
Maxime

--