Notes from Unix Device Memory Allocation breakout session

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 23:48:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Martin Peres <martin.peres at free.fr> wrote:
> On 06/10/16 18:10, Tomek Bury wrote:
>>
>> Hi James,
>>
>> The USAGE_BASE_DISPLAY_ROTATION_* and
>> USAGE_BASE_DISPLAY_MIRROR_ROTATION_*bits are too generous. The way it is now
>> one can specify impossible configurations, for example both a mirrored and
>> not mirrored image at the same time. I've send you a pull request that uses
>> bit fields but the same could be with an enum or a shorter enum + bool.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tomek
>

> Hey everyone,
>
> I would suggest not using this mailing list for discussing this topic.
> Please move all the discussions to dri-devel (which seems very appropriate
> for this discussion), the wayland mailing list (where the EGL Streams topic
> was started) or github (where some code is already existing).
>
> James, please answer to this message with the mailing list you decided to
> use so as everyone interested may join it.

fwiw, discussion has started on the github project (combination of
github issues and comments on pull-reqs and commits)..  I haven't used
github in this manner before, so not 100% sure how I feel about that..
it is convenient in some ways, but it is a bit less centralized (ie.
there isn't one "thread" to watch to see all the discussion)..

BR,
-R