X.Org Developer's Conference: content needed

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Sep 1 15:41:53 PDT 2011

Two weeks from today, we should all be satisfied that we just spent
three days at a useful, fun, and well-run X.Org Developer's Conference.

However, in order to make that happen, we need your help!

http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2011/Program currently does not have
3 days worth of content on it.   Isn't there something you could add?

We don't require abstracts, camera ready papers, or long writeups.

All we require is a half hour to hour of talking (depending on what sort
of slot you sign up for).   You don't even have to do all the talking
yourself - discussion sessions are accepted as well as presentation.
Slides, demos or other visual aids are good, but also not required.

Topics should be somehow related to X, Mesa, DRI, Wayland, or other
usual suspects.

Students may want to consider this a free chance to get experience
in public speaking in a small friendly venue of people who already
have some understanding of the subject matter.

Attendees whose travel expenses are being subsidized by the X.Org
Foundation should also remember that providing conference content
is one of the best ways to show your appreciation for the chance
to attend our conference.

Any questions?  There's lots of previous attendees on the mailing
list and #xorg-devel IRC channel who can answer.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com