Odd issues with Cando touch screen

Chandler Paul thatslyude at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:29:40 PDT 2012

Hello, I just recently got my hands on a Lenovo S10-3t, and installed Gentoo on it. Everything seems to work, however I am having two problems with the touch screen related to Xorg.
For one, evdev does not seem to honor my settings no matter what I do. I have tried to turn on the option "ThirdButtonEmulation" With evdev so that doing a long press on a spot on the screen will have evdev emulate a right click, however even though I can see that Xorg does indeed have the option turned on, it does not actually seem to take affect. I have already checked to make sure that Xfce was not interferring with the settings by trying it in plain Xorg with twm, however it still seems to act the same.
In addition, I also am unable to interact with window borders in Xfce with my touch screen. I am not sure whether or not this is the fault of Xfce or Xorg, so I figured I might as well ask this here too. Basically, whenever I try to move, close, minimize, etc. any window by using it's title bar, nothing happens. The title bar seems to completely ignore any input from the touch screen, however if I try to do the same with my touchpad I encounter no issues.
I've already asked forums, the Gentoo mailing lists, IRC chat rooms, and I've still yet to come up with a solution to this issue, I'm almost starting to think it's actually a bug with Xorg. Hopefully I'll be able to find some sort of solution here.