Re: black screen after the Ubuntu logo

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 05:36:53 PDT 2012

On Montag, 8. Oktober 2012 23:09:52 CEST, Dref Hill wrote:
> I send a message here because of on the Ubuntu's forums it seems that they
> have no solution,

Cannot be true. They want to

"surprise" - they're probably too much taken with "improving gaming" and whatever else you now have to pay *them* for.

> and the fatal error that i get says to see with the X.org
> support because of the error seems to be linked with the X.org packages.

[    34.899] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    34.900] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module intel
[    34.900] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"
[    34.900] (II) Unloading intel
[    34.900] (EE) Failed to load module "intel" (module does not exist, 0)

xserver-xorg-video-intel is borked (and possibly other packages as well)
forcefully re-install the package