DPI in a dual head setting

Raghavendra D Prabhu raghu.prabhu13 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:13:00 PDT 2011

Hi,
     I have a laptop (15 inch) and an external monitor(23 inch) in a dual
     head setting, both supporting maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Now
     the DPI calculated by Xorg from EDID/DisplaySize is found to be 143
     x 143.  The problem with that DPI is when I shift windows ( like
     terminal ) from external one to the laptop one, the fonts look
     really tiny. If I calculate DPI myself from size and resolution, the
     DPI for one comes to 120 and for another 143. So is there a way to
     assign different DPI to each of the physical screens ? I am running
     them in a twinview mode (nvidia).

Regards,
Raghavendra Prabhu
GPG Id : 0xD72BE977
Fingerprint: B93F EBCB 8E05 7039 CD3C A4B8 A616 DCA1 D72B E977
www: wnohang.net