"Virtual" in xorg.conf

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jun 5 13:41:23 PDT 2011

On Sunday, June 05, 2011 04:35:58 PM Тихомиров Валентин did opine:

> useful to have a virtual desktop larger than your display area (screen
> size). For instance, You can capture "google maps" and other
> application screenshots and print them. But, printer allows 6x more
> pixels than fits on your screen (2000 pixels for display vs 12
> inches*1200 dpi=14000 pixels for printer). How to utilize the
> capability? A larger virtual desktop could be a solution. That is why I
> turned to Linux. But without much
> fixed?</div>

I think you have a valid question, one that I also would like to see a
howto on.

FWIW, please turn off the html, most mailing lists are plain text, and html
formatted messages are often ignored by list readers because it is way too
much trouble to try and filter out the html markup texts, and figure out
what your real question is.

We also frown on top posting.  Either reply inline to the individual
comment/question, or all at the bottom so that it reads in natural time
order top to newest at the bottom.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Oh my GOD -- the SUN just fell into YANKEE STADIUM!!