X Window system key event question

矯 士龍 shilong.jiao.yf at furuno.co.jp
Wed Feb 9 16:50:05 PST 2011

X Window system 's Developer
hello, I am fond of X Window system.

Now I want to use the X Window to make virtual Keyboard , and
used the libXtst libarary to do the key event, used XKeysymToKeycode
function to
get Keycode.
when XkbLayout is jp, XkbModel is pc104, XkbRules is xorg, it is OK, it
is not strange
but, When I exchange XkbLayout/XkbModel to us/pc104, the xk_less is very
strange,
Output character is greater, is not less.

when XkbLayout is jp, XkbModel is pc104, XKeysymToKeycode(xk_less) is
59, XKeysymToKeycode(xk_greater) is 60
When I exchange XkbLayout/XkbModel to us/pc104,
XKeysymToKeycode(xk_less) is 94, XKeysymToKeycode(xk_greater) is 60

I think XKeysymToKeycode(xk_less) is wrong, Is this the X Window System
bug ? Can you tell me.
Can you help me how to debug ?