No mouse acceleration in latest Git X.org

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:33:01 PST 2010

Mouse acceleration seems to have gone away as of a week or so ago.  I'm not
sure which component did it and I don't recall when it actually changed
since I use Linux now irregularly and only update once in a while.

I have only one file in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, which is to change some
settings for my Radeon card.  There are not settings for input and I use the
default HAL config (which will probably go away soon as HAL is dead).  My
xorg.0.log is attached but it did not seem to shed any light on the issue.
 Of note is that the Gentoo build of Xorg, which calls itself 1.9.2.901 (as
opposed to the Git build, which calls itself 1.9.99.1), works just fine.
 The config files are exactly the same when I switch between the two.  So
there must be something wrong with the code.

--
- Joel