[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-evdev 2.5.99.901

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Nov 21 16:01:11 PST 2010

First RC for evdev 2.6. We've only had a few changes since 2.5 but there is
a significant rewrite coming up to use the masked valuator bits so I'd like
to get out what we have now.

Note that in all likelyhood, support for older servers (including server
1.9) will be dropped in the next version. Hence the 2.6 branch will be
maintained for a while.

This release has some improved tablet handling, notably for tablets that
send coordinates while still being out-of-proximity. Proximity support
itself has been added to evdev as well, devices that support it will get
DevicePresence events (note that proximity is not exposed as an axis for
XI2, there are some design questions that need to be clarified first).

The button mapping code was changed to support styli. Note that this
rearranges the mappings for buttons past the first 3, so far we haven't seen
any side-effects.

Benjamin Tissoires (1):
      Add the names of the valuators for the multitouch properties

Nikolai Kondrashov (5):
      Fix comments about BTN_TOOL_PEN.
      Improve dumb tablet detection
      Add BTN_TOUCH/STYLUS/STYLUS2 support.
      Clean up button code to number mapping
      Extend button mapping to full ranges

Peter Hutterer (20):
      Remove usage of XI86_POINTER_CAPABLE and XI86_KEYBOARD_CAPABLE.
      Add ifdefs for pre ABI 12 support.
      Use pInfo->options instead of dev->commonOptions.
      Move private init down.
      Use the new input API (changed PreInit function prototype).
      Return BadMatch for already configured devices.
      Bump to 2.5.99.
      Remove refcnt initialization from InputDriverRec.
      De-duplicate event queue access.
      Don't pass pointers around to first_v and num_v.
      Fix valuator offset when posting absolute motion events.
      When posting buttons, post absolute valuators if we have them.
      Rename evdev->tool to evdev->proximity.
      Add proximity support.
      Rename abs/rel/prox to abs_queued/rel_queued/prox_queued.
      Use an array for the proximity bits.
      Rename CountBits to EvdevCountBits.
      Input API 12 requires a valuator mode for each axis.
      Reshuffle to avoid the need for XI86_CONFIGURED.
      evdev 2.5.99.901

Tim Yamin (1):
      SwapAxes should rescale raw values when enabled

git tag: xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.bz2
MD5:  3e19257d3e86d56bfa034b57c544195b  xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.bz2
SHA1: 211f60fc1d791ff4c68f4f00ec463ffa01a660bb  xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.gz
MD5:  c262db028f1f90cb7accd749632b5d76  xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.gz
SHA1: 9db2ef9f63c82a22a9a65ff8e9c09f7e3cbea503  xf86-input-evdev-2.5.99.901.tar.gz