X11R7.6 Release Candidate 1

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Nov 12 07:24:54 PST 2010

Gaetan Nadon wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 00:03 -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>                   xf86-video-openchrome 0.2.904   0.2.904
>
> This driver is not hosted by freedesktop.org. It's the only package
> included in a release one cannot find at the usual place. The COPYING
> file does not accurately reflect the licensing in the source code.
> Hopefully it won't harm X.Org.

It's a special case we made last year when we stopped shipping the
xf86-video-via driver it replaced, since no one was maintaining the
via driver anymore, and at least then the openchrome driver was still
maintained.   (Though with no driver update in a year either, maybe it's
just time to declare VIA hardware to be stuck with the VESA driver
instead.)

> XCB: are the newly added xcb packages now officially part of X.Org?

Yes.

> If so, should their git repo be hosted under 'xorg/' in the appropriate
> proto/lib section? This is about the only hint for new contributors as
> to which package belongs to X.Org and which one does not.

I don't know if moving them is going to be a good idea - won't that break
everyone's existing links/clones?

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com