Xorg video driver for SGX535

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:27:16 PST 2010

I've actually wanted to do this, since I haven't been tainted. I was going
to ask Xorg for hardware, but given my track record, I think it'd be better
if I bought it myself.

Sending from a mobile, pardon the brevity. ~ C.

On Nov 11, 2010 4:04 AM, "Alan Cox" <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:36:59 +0530
vijay singh <testmrs.evo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is thei...
I believe vendors can purchase a proprietary (ie non-free in both senses)
license and access from the device vendor. Otherwise you are pretty much
out of luck.

There is enough info the public domain to probably write an acceptable 2D
driver, maybe even to do a compositing 2D driver by staring hard at the
kernel bits that have been released (because they had to GPL them), but
not enough for 3D.

Alan