[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-glide 1.1.0

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Tue Nov 9 12:50:39 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:05:21AM -0500, Gaetan Nadon wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 04:20 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
>
> >       build: Use LT_INIT instead of deprecated AC_PROG_LIBTOOL and
> > AC_DISABLE_STATIC
> >

> LT_INIT requires libtool v2 whereby xorg "lowest common denominator" is
> v1.5. I suspect that in real life almost everyone uses v2. If I
> understand correctly, when configured with v2, libtool copies a handful
> of v2 macros in the m4 directory (only if available). This allows a
> system with v1.5 to use the v2 macros.
>
> I am considering upgrading all of xorg to libtool v2 (only formalizing
> the current situation). I am interested in the feedback you may get from
> builders on that matter.

For now OpenBSD is still using libtool 1.5.

The OpenBSD port people have come up with a replacement for libtool,
but for now they don't have the 'libtoolize' and macros support ready,
so the ability of running autoreconf with GNU libtool 1.5 is still
needed, at least for a few more months (lets say until Xorg 7.7)

PS: for xf86-video-glide it doesn't matter, since this driver is Linux
specific.
--
Matthieu Herrb