Xorg config question (missing xorg.conf)

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Nov 2 07:58:31 PDT 2010

Dnia wtorek, 2 listopada 2010, Phil Savoie napisał:
[...]
> Thank you for replying, I did what you asked and found out that it used
> the vesa driver.  However, there must be a distinction between the i810,
> i915 or i965 drivers.  How else can the i810 work but the intel not?

So if your machine is using a vesa driver, then its obvious that it makes no
difference, whether you have i810 or i915 chipset. But this is vesa driver
and its performance is lower than for intel driver.

By saying that there is no distinction between different intel models I
meen, that now there is only one intel driver. I expect that it should check
the chipset that you have and work well depending on it.

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\