[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-synaptics 1.2.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 06:16:29 PDT 2010

2010/3/25 Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>:
> Only two minor fixes for the stable 1.2 series. This version will work with
> the upcoming 1.8 X server release though you _must_ recompile, the ABI has
> been bumped.
> If you plan to use synaptics 1.2.2 with server 1.8, the following
> config snippet is recommended in /etc/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf:
>
> Section "InputClass"
>        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
>        Driver "synaptics"
>        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
>        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
> EndSection

Maybe we should ship this in the tarball and/or install it like evdev
on xserver-1.8+. Also, do we need to limit to /dev/input/event*
devices? Unlike evdev, synaptics is used on multiple platforms that
probably don't have the same device layout. I think it's safe to just
have MatchIsTouchpad and let later rules sort out when that should not
be synaptics.

--
Dan