How to start clone mode when X is initialized

Uri Okrent Uriel.Okrent at disneyanimation.com
Fri Jun 25 09:57:44 PDT 2010

Hey all, it seems like there should be a simple way to do this but I
don't know how. I have a theater set up with a linux box. The box has
two video cards, the first is connected to a muxer which drives a
display in the control room, and the second drives the operator's
display in the theater, as well as the projector.

The issue is, right now the operator has to go run up to the control
room to log in (because gdm only appears on display 0). What she does
now is after logging in, her nvidia settings are set up for clone mode,
so after she's logged in she has the same display in the control room,
at the operator's display, and on the projector.

Basically, what I don't know how to do is start up clone mode *before*
she logs in, so that gdm appears using clone mode on all the diplays.

It seems like I should be able to drop some command into the
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default script to start up nvidia's clone mode. Is
there a nvidia-settings, or other command that can start clone mode there?

Thanks!

And, by the way, thanks for all the excellent work, x.org!
--
    Uri 瓜

http://www.panda.org/how_you_can_help/