[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-synaptics 1.2.99.1

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 13:11:54 PDT 2010

Hi Peter,
> The most visible feature change is the new pointer accel mechanism. Since
> the server got its new accel methods, synaptics was accelerated twice - once
> in the driver, once in the server. This lead to a really fast and sometimes
> confusing pointer behaviour.  This is fixed now but it does lead to a slower
> pointer. We'll be trying to find some middle ground there, possibly
> following the motto of "one size doesn't quite fit anyone".
you're repeating a minor misconception here: Synaptics was accelerated
twice since the accel stuff went to dix, which AFAIK was during hotplug
(server 1.4). The new accel stuff came two (server minor) releases
later. I think that was also in your blog post.

I built in the device-specific profile to solve those problems without
dropping nice features such as pressure-dependent accel, but it's not
that I caused it.

It would be nice if you could clarify on your blog as well.

Cheers,

Simon