Correct git clone and build instructions?

Jeff Carr basilarchia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:51:42 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:14, Pat Kane <pekane52 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > I'm having trouble finding accurate git clone and build instructions
>
> I have had good luck using Peter's instructions at:
>   http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2009-August/001826.html
>
>  # Quickstart for those that do not use jhbuild:
>   export PREFIX=/opt/xorg
>   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
>   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
>   export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
>   export ACLOCAL="aclocal -I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
>   git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/util/modular/ util/modular
>   echo "util/macros" > built.modules
>   ./util/modular/build.sh --clone -p -f built.modules -r `tail -n 1 built.modu\
> les` $PREFIX
>
>  # Re-run the last command until a build succeeds.
>  # Cheers,
>  #   Peter
>
> Pat

I wanted to follow up and say that this worked perfectly. Thank you
very much as these were very difficult instructions to find.

If someone has write access to the wiki, having a "Build" link
directly on the wiki with these instructions would probably be helpful
for many developers that are not as intimately familiar xorg.