EXA classic problem with Xv

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 11:56:49 PDT 2010

2010/6/10 Yves De Muyter <yves at alfavisio.be>:
> Is there any documentation available about the differences between
> exa_mixed and exa_driver ? Is exa_driver like complete handover of
> pixmap migration to the driver ?

The three flavors:
~ Classic. EXA handles offscreen pixmaps itself. Simple, except when it breaks.
~ Driver. EXA lets the driver control pixmap allocation and placement.
Great if you have a memory manager.
~ Mixed. Like driver, but certain things have been tweaked to optimize
certain kinds of acceleration in a way that was never really explained
to me.

To go from driver to mixed is pretty simple; here's an example commit:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/commit/?id=577ff3ce922e457cc32f80d4365cb1da81552e72

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<MostAwesomeDude at gmail.com>