EXA classic problem with Xv

Yves De Muyter yves at connected.be
Thu Jun 10 03:35:52 PDT 2010

OK so i'm porting the 'poulsbo' driver to Xorg 1.7. What I'm working on
right now is to make Xv work in the driver. What the Xv-code does is to
get the address of the drawable, map it into SHM and ask the hardware to
blit the videoframe onto that drawable.

The problem is that the address of the drawable is not within our region
of SHM pixmap memory, so we need to call exaMoveInPixmap, but that one
doesnt work when the pixmap is pinned...

I'm testing this using one of the latest mplayer -vo xv testfile.mkv

-Yves