xorg can't load qxl driver

brian brianm at io.com
Tue Jun 8 08:14:40 PDT 2010

> It looks like a problem fixed in offical git commit [1], you may try to
> patch it
> and try again.

Cool, I'll give that a try.  I downloaded the gzipped file from that link
and extracted it into my /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers.  Now what do I do
with it?  There is no configure and no makefile.  Do I just overwrite the
existing qxl driver sources with it and remake?

> BTW: QXL Driver is included in debian unstable, you may build it for you
> ubuntu.

What does that mean?  How would I do this?  Do I need to download
something else?