restore from suspend to ram

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Jun 8 02:57:44 PDT 2010

Dnia wtorek, 8 czerwca 2010, Nigel Sollars napisał:
> My old gateway laptop has a Mobility x1400 its running Ubuntu 10.04LTS it
> does not have this issue but it does do something similar if the lid is
> closed ( activating the screen disable ) once the screen is out it will
> not come back on for love nor money.  To be honest though I suspect its
> more to do with a broken bios / acpi event that causes this.
>
> The kernel its using is 2.6.32-2 as per Ubuntu update.

I have the same with my Dell D430, which has a Intel i945GM graphics.

I've also noticed a problem with Suspend-to-RAM, after switching to kernel
2.6.34 - after resuming from suspend, my screen starts to flicker randomly,
not only under X, but also in the console (I'm using KMS). Restarting X
doesn't work, the only way of getting rid of it is restarting the whole
system.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\