ANN luit 20100601

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Wed Jun 2 01:20:01 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:

> Twas brillig at 18:06:21 01.06.2010 UTC-04 when dickey at his.com did gyre and gimble:

> >> Because nobody works on it (beside mechanical cleanups). Why didn't you
> >> take over fd.o version instead of forking?
>
> TD> I read comments on the mailing list, and disregard those from
> TD> people who tend to make derogatory comments.
>
> If you mean me, say so directly. I'm not a native speaker, so I may have
> accidentally said something which sounds derogatory.
>
> luit on fd.o did not have any developments for a 4 years beside
> cleanups. You have forked it approximately at the same time and
> developed it separately instead of applying for fd.o account and
> developing it as a part of fd.o. Are there any technical reasons for
> this?

Xorg isn't a _technical_ organization.
It is a political organzation, which lacks focus.

Aside from a _small_ minority of people doing technical work,
the bulk of the people on this mailing list are here to pursue
various political aims.  If we pursue this discussion, it is
inevitable that most of the responses to it will be in that realm.

bye.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net