The State of The X.Org Foundation 2010

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sat Feb 20 15:38:14 PST 2010

On 2/21/10 12:01 AM, Barton C Massey wrote:
>      The Google/X.Org Summer of Code 2009 was successful,
>      with three of four accepted projects completing and
>      contributing to X.Org development, as well as helping to
>      bring new developers to X.Org [2].  The X.Org Endless
>      Vacation of Code was established in 2009 to provide
>      opportunities similar to Summer of Code to selected
>      students on an ad hoc calendar.  Only a couple of
>      students have shown interest to date, and the one
>      student that submitted an accepted proposal later
>      withdrew.  This is probably due to the lack of promotion
>      of the program.

You are right that it's because of lack of promotion, I read both xorg
and xorg-devel and I've never heard of it. And google shows only two
hits for 'endless vacation of code' (both are state of the xorg
foundation reports). Is there a wiki page or something describing that
program in more detail?

tom