GMA945 TV-1 disconnected

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Sep 30 20:11:11 PDT 2009

I've been trying to bring up a machine that's driving an analog tv.  The
machine is using the GMA 945 chipset.  X sees the TV out, but the log
file says

TV-1 disconnected

and the TV shows "No Signal".  I can get a signal all the way through
the boot sequence up until X starts.

Unfortunately this machine is not networked ATM so I'm not able to
reproduce log files.  (Long story; backordered on wifi antennas....)

Is there a sample xorg.conf file that shows me how to force X to use the
TV out, and tell it to use NTSC?

Thanks,

--Yan

--