XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps option - plus a PATCH

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Jan 8 10:06:10 PST 2009

  Hi,

  I believe there are other reasons for XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps,
but I suspect some of them are due to "unknown bugs", while
others may be just that offscreen memory management is not
done by the "xf86 fb manager".

  The attached patch is an example of a case that is probably
better corrected in the driver itself, and I think should not
be applied :-)

  Anyway, shouldn't it be corrected in another schema when
using an alternate memory manager for example? So that pixmaps
can reside in offscreen memory, instead of main memory...

Paulo