[Question]LED status control over Caps Lock key

Kan-I Jyo cecilhsujp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:12:41 PST 2009

Dear list,

Under normal circumstance, the LED lights up and down whenever
pressing caps lock key only
or "shift + caps_lock".

It is my intention to make it only light up the LED when "shift +
caps_lock" is pressed.

By doing some goggling, there are pages says that setting following
two options in xorg.conf
would make the magic.

<xorg.conf>
... snip ...
Option "XkbTypes" "complete"
Option "XkbCompat" "complete+japan"
... snip ...

However, in my case, it is not the "shift + caps_lock" but "caps_lock"
only to light up
the caps_lock LED.

Is there a way to make the behaviour fit my wish?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, "$ man 4 kbd" does not mention about the above two options.
Is there any document describes them?

--
Sincerely,

Jyo