AllowEmptyInput and HAL

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Wed Apr 29 18:14:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:59:50 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> unless I overlooked something, this fdi file is the standard one that should
> be installed as part of either the hal package or the X server package (fedora
> installs it as part of hal). So in your case it does indeed look like a
> distribution packaging error.

On Debian, the xserver-xorg package installs an fdi and a callout to set
the xkb keys, and the evdev, synaptics and vmmouse driver packages
each install an fdi for the devices they handle.  That shouldn't make
any practical difference to how things work in Fedora, as far as I know.

So if people are having problems with this on current unstable,
debian-x at lists.debian.org would love to hear about them (bonus points if
you include the full X log, though). :)

Cheers,
Julien