VSync

Olaf Ruppert oruppert at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:26:28 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Joakim Plate <elupus at ecce.se> wrote:
> Just make sure you glFinish() before you wait for the vsync. Otherwise the call
> to swap buffers take too long.
>
> I've seen this with SwapInterval extensions too.

I tried all permutations of glFinish, drm-vsync and glXSwapBuffers.  I enabled
vblank_interrupt in i830_dri.c  I compiled the drm_intel kernel, installed
xorg-video-intel, mesa, etc. packages from debian unstable. No luck.

I think I look at wrong problem. Maybe the probed modes are wrong.  I will
check that tomorow.

I'm frustrated.  All these boards are useless for me when there is no
way to remove the tearing.  And it seems like I am the only one with
this problem.

thanks anyway, olaf