VSync

Olaf Ruppert oruppert at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:41:17 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Theo Veenker <T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl> wrote:
> Does it work after or while running a glx program?

It only works when playing videos via xv overlay, otherwise it doesn't.

> VSync worked when an external
> monitor was connected or when running glxgears. To get around
> it I had to turn off or enable something in the driver source.

I connected an external monitor, doesn't help.  And I enabled
the VBlank interrupt in I830DRITransitionTo2d/3d.
Maybe that was not enough (or the wrong driver...?)

> I believe they turn off interrupts on vblank to save power. This
> should really become an option in the xorg file. Maybe it already
> is for the newest driver?

I will try that.  But I am currently using debian lenny, so it seams
like I have to compile the whole stack (kernel/xorg/mesa) to
get it working.  I'm doomed.

thanks for caring,

olaf