Thank you!

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun Apr 19 10:20:16 PDT 2009

[resending from subscribed address due to spam filtering…]

Dear Xorg people and Debian X Strike Force:

after a bit of anger, when the 7.4 upgrade broke my keyboard map,
I invested some time to rework it, and with Julien's help (and
patience/elephant skin) finally managed to get rid of xmodmap. You
can find my draft write-up here, comments welcome:

  http://madduck.net/docs/extending/xkb/

In the course of this process, I also read the new Debian
InputHotplugGuide[0] and played around a bit more to investigate
what's going on. The first thing I did was remove my xorg.conf file,
and it all still works. \o/

0. http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/InputHotplugGuide

The purpose of this message is to shout out a big thank you to every
one of you for the hard work. X has never felt as good as it does
today. You're awesome.

PS: I'm looking forward to the day when XRandR shall work across
multiple graphics adapters! :)

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

"stab it and steer"
                                                             -- sailor