Changing Xorg-Configuration on the fly

Leif Bergerhoff leif.bergerhoff at student.tu-freiberg.de
Thu Apr 16 14:04:59 PDT 2009

> It sounds like
> you're using multiple X screens and want to change their logical
> layout.

You're right. In my case there are 4 X screens and I want to change each one's
position.

> I don't know of any tool that allows that, and I don't know
> if it's even possible.

Ok.

> You might need to extend the Xinerama protocol.

Sounds like an idea. Although I hoped there be an existing solution...
But since I really need it, I think I'll take the time, gather some
information (I have never actively taken part of X development...) and try to
extend the protocol.

Best regards,
Leif