How to Grab Key Events

VARADHARAJAN RAVINDRANATH Ravindranath.Varadharajan at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Apr 13 02:20:59 PDT 2009

Hi ,

   I am a newbie in Xorg. I have a requirement wherein I need to grab
the key events in my X11 application even though it does not have focus.
This application in turn will do some manipulation in the received key
and will send the updated key press event to other X11 clients using
XSendEvent. This is some thing like a window manager implementation
where all X11 applications will be registered as clients to my
application. Hence, my application will be running as a background
process. So,when Xorg receives a key press, it should NOT send the
keypress event to the focused client (even though it has registered for
that event). It should first send it to my application.

   It would be highly helpful if you could help me this solving this....

Thanks & Regards,
Varadh