Documentation?

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Sun Apr 12 21:30:46 PDT 2009

Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> writes:
>> I can't believe I'm feeding the troll, but in GNOME (and KDE I'm sure)
>> there is a nice big "Antialiasing: off" button in the font
>> configuration.
>
> And where is the "Prefer legibility over getting the exact physical
> size to within a nanometre" button?

I think in gnome that would probably be the "Rendering > Best Contrast"
setting in the font configuration dialogue (I guess basically it tries
to grid-snap wherever possible).  Works a treat.

-Miles

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche