Mobility radeon 3470 problem with radeonhd driver

Kálmán "KAMI" Szalai kami911 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 21:59:29 PDT 2009

Hi Developers,

I have a laptop with Mobility Radeon 3470 hw, and I tried to use
radeonhd 1.2.4 driver delivered with Ubuntu 9.04 (still beta).
The lapotop modell is: ASUS X71

It seems my hardvare is not supported well, I want to help and ask your
help to improve it.

I got such warning in xorg log:
(WW) RADEONHD(0): M82: HW 2D acceleration is not implemented yet.

I attach the full log. Do you plan to support my HW soon? Sadly the fglx
(beta) driver (from ubuntu 9.04) by ATI is not so good for video
playback and etc.

I hope I can help to improve the driver, however I am not a programmer.

Best regards,
KAMI