Documentation?

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Thu Apr 9 06:18:23 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 02:05:51PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Each to their own, I know which I find easier to read and I know what
> extensive studies say people prefer as well.

To each their own indeed.

> Also be careful with the images to view them full size - if your browser
> is scaling them because of their size you'll get very funny and
> misleading results.

Oh yeah, I'm careful with that.

> Not of course that anti-aliased fonts are really an X issue anyway - it a
> client side matter...

I've always wondered why.  It makes no sense.  The network-oriented
nature of X means you should do your best to send as little data as
possible, and prerendered pixmaps are nowhere near minimal.  Why isn't
fontconfig/xft and even pango in the server where it seems to belong?

  OG.