Documentation?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Apr 8 14:47:28 PDT 2009

Le mercredi 08 avril 2009 à 13:13 -0700, Mark Wagner a écrit :

> How standard is Cairo?  The proof-of-concept app from 15 years ago
> still works fine because it's only got two dependancies: Xlib and
> libc.  It works everywhere for the same reason.  If I added Cairo as a
> dependancy, would apps still work on 100% of Linux systems, and would
> they still work unmodified 15 years from now?

I don't think anyone here can promise you any given piece of software
will last 15 years, but given GTK and Firefox use Cairo (gecko not
widget-side only), OpenOffice.org is being converted to use it, and
they're all massive codebases with huge install bases, I'd say the
chances of cairo not being deployed on a current system, or going away
in the next 5 years, are pretty slight.

--
Nicolas Mailhot