SHA1 implementations

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Apr 8 02:20:40 PDT 2009

>>>>> "Julien" == Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org> writes:

Hi,

 Julien> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 07:55 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
 >> I'd also rather see the Sha1 helper function moved to a file under
 >> the os dir and shared by both render/glyph.c & this code instead
 >> of duplicating the code here and giving people two places to make
 >> the same updates when adding new sha1 library implementations.

 Julien> Because of openssl's license being kind of crazy, and
 Julien> libgnutls being part of debian's base install, I'm
 Julien> considering switching our builds to libgcrypt.  Would a patch
 Julien> to do that[0] be acceptable upstream?

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just add the libmd implementation in
the server and be done with it?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard