Recommended X versions for Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

Li, Yan yanli at infradead.org
Tue Apr 7 19:48:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:12:03AM +0200, Halim Issa wrote:
> On Friday 3. April 2009 16.58.48 Li, Yan wrote:
> > Sorry for the late reply. But Moblin v2.0 might be what you have been
> > looking for.  Moblin v2.0 ships latest X.org and Intel video drivers
> > and are extensively tested on GM45 (by Intel) so you can expect best
> > stability and performance.
>
> Thanks - I guess I will try to have a look at the source/build scripts of X and friends in Moblin and see if I can replicate the version numbers and build system etc in Slackware which is my distribution of choice.

I have no idea of the versions of X and Intel video driver in
Slackware, but if they are of the same latest versions as those used
in Moblin, you can just adopt Moblin's patches easily.  But if they
are not of the same version, you'd better at first find someway to
upgrade to latest upstream Intel video driver and X.

You can see Moblin as the `reference implementation' of Intel's video
driver.  Sooner or later the Moblin customizations will all be merged
into upstream and at that everyone will be happy, I just hope that day
won't be too far away.

--
Li, Yan