How can I refresh keycode to keysym mapping?

Edward marslee_suc at 163.com
Tue Apr 7 22:30:12 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I want to get keysym with XKeycodeToKeysym method, but I found when I change keyboard layout using setxkbmap –layout
in another process, The XKeycodeToKeysym return the old layout keysym.

For example:
Firstly, I run “setxkbmap –layout us”. I get “z” for XKeycodeToKeysym(disply, 52,0), then I run “setxkbmap –layout de” in
another process I also get “z” for XKeycodeToKeysum(display, 52,0). I think it should return “y”. It seems that I omit to update
key mapping, but I don’t know how to update it immediately in my code.

Any idea is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Edward.