Documentation?

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Tue Apr 7 12:10:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:36:20 +0000 (UTC), Tuomo Valkonen wrote:

> On 2009-04-07, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> >> several mission-critical applications that has seen two and a half
> >> decades of development based on Xlib.  (... with all the
> >> assumptions
> >
> > Commiserations but at least Xlib today is back compatible. Try a 25
> > year old windows app and weep.
>
> Try a 5 year old Linux program binary on a recent OS -- and weep.

Hmm...

Name        : chromium                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.9.12                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 21                            Build Date: Wed 29 Jan 2003 14:40:10 GMT
Install Date: Sat 31 Jan 2009 17:59:57 GMT      Build Host: sylvester.devel.redhat.com

I wasn't weeping the other day when I was happily playing this under
fedora 10. Does that qualify as recent?.

Cheers anyway.