Documentation?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Apr 7 10:07:47 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 17:43 -0700, Mark Wagner wrote:

> Are there programming references for the various extensions, or do I
> need to work from protocol specifications and uncommented header
> files?

Much of the old Xlib documentation was paid for by the Open Group or its
predecessors.  No one's paid to write new doc in ~10 years or so.

For many of the extensions, the API is a straightforward mapping to the
protocol, and the protocol documentation attempts to be sufficiently
comprehensive.  If it's not, please let us know!

> Is this the best mailing list for any questions I have, or is there a
> better one?

This one's fine, yes.

- ajax