Recommended X versions for Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

Halim Issa yallaone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:12:03 PDT 2009

On Friday 3. April 2009 16.58.48 Li, Yan wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply. But Moblin v2.0 might be what you have been
> looking for.  Moblin v2.0 ships latest X.org and Intel video drivers
> and are extensively tested on GM45 (by Intel) so you can expect best
> stability and performance.

Thanks - I guess I will try to have a look at the source/build scripts of X and friends in Moblin and see if I can replicate the version numbers and build system etc in Slackware which is my distribution of choice.

> But Moblin v2.0 is still in alpha stage so there might still be some
> problems with it.

If it's not one thing, it's the other :-) I'll have a go at it and see!

Thanks for your suggestions!