Recommended X versions for Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

Li, Yan yanli at infradead.org
Fri Apr 3 07:58:48 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:11:30AM +0100, Halim Issa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to stay current on the recent intel drivers, xorg-server,mesa and dri for a while and have most likely due to lack of experience suffered a rather unstable system.
>
> Thus I'd like to revert to the most stable solution. Does anyone have a quick pointer to what is the earliest and most tested versions of xorg-server, mesa and dri that will work with an intel driver supporting Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset on a Lenovo X200 ?
>
> Will for instance Xorg-server 1.4.2 function with a version of the intel driver that supports my chipset?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on novice question.

Sorry for the late reply. But Moblin v2.0 might be what you have been
looking for.  Moblin v2.0 ships latest X.org and Intel video drivers
and are extensively tested on GM45 (by Intel) so you can expect best
stability and performance.

But Moblin v2.0 is still in alpha stage so there might still be some
problems with it.

--
Li, Yan