Display Wall

Matt Thrailkill matt.thrailkill at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:11:30 PDT 2009

I'm trying to set up a machine to run a display wall.  Right now I am
using several Nvidia (yeah, I know, closed driver) cards, and I have
them doing Xinerama output - but this kills the RANDR extension.

Is RANDR going to supplant Xinerama going forward?  Should I be trying
to avoid Xinerama and trying to use RANDR instead?  My goal is to have
one desktop across several projectors.

Also, I am looking into how to correct for projector alignment in
software.  Slight overlaps, slight rotations, slight skews, etc.  Does
Xorg currently have the ability to modify my screens for these things,
is my only option to use RANDR for 90 degree rotations?