Intel X4500HD and DisplayPort

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Apr 6 08:24:06 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 16:06 +0200, Halim Issa wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:29:38 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> >> I was wondering if DisplayPort output is supported for this card. I
> >> read somewhere that the DisplayPort works and would be reported as
> >> 'HDMI-1'.
> >
> >It's not quite working yet; I got started, but the weird DDC stuff in DP
> >stymied my efforts.
>
> Is there any news on the DisplayPort support in the Intel drivers, or
> perhaps a roadmap one can follow to see when and if it will arrive?

Sorry, we're tracking that on bug #19995, and while I posted a note
about some of my progress, I didn't remember to post a note saying that
the user-mode code is now working for several people. Kristian Høgsberg
is busy getting the kernel mode setting code working, at which point
we'll be "done". Please report your results on that bug, including an
Xorg.0.log file with 'option "ModeDebug" "true"' set in your config file
so I can see how the driver set up the DP output for your monitor.

keith.packard at intel.com