[intel] no randr no xv with 2.6.29 and xf86-video-intel-2.6.3/2.6.99.902 with 82865G when X starts

Aelia aelia at internux.ch
Mon Apr 6 00:30:12 PDT 2009

I am using gentoo on a (desktop) HP d530 SFF(DC578AV) and when starting
X it doesn't seem to be in native resolution on my 1680x1050 22"
display.

When I use the xrandr command without info there is only one line in
output :
xrandr: output VGA1 cannot use rotation "normal" reflection "none"

and when using xvinfo I get this :
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present

mplayer makes an error when trying to play videos with xv, gl, gl2
outputs all similar to this:
X11 error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
X11 error: BadGC (invalid GC parameter)
X11 error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter)
X11 error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

I found out in the logs that my screen is correctly detected and that
the log is filled with another complete EDID decode each time I use the
xrandr or xvinfo command.

I also found out that when doing "xrandr -o normal" I get xrandr to get
my screen resolutions, and can change the screen resolution using -s
1680x1050 and it works. But no Xv anyway. Opengl works after that but is
software rendered.

Here is my Xorg.0.log in attachment (I don't have any xorg.conf) don't
know if I should post a bug or not.

I put my dmesg too, the two segfaults (shouldn't occur) is me
killing my X.

here are the versions I tried:

x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
media-libs/mesa-7.3-r1 / 7.4_rc1
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.6.3-r1 / 2.6.99.902

And a friend has something similar with a Dell Latitude D430 and a
945GM (don't know the versions he uses).