Using Xorg, XDM seems to be ignoring my keyboard

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Fri Apr 3 03:02:15 PDT 2009

Dnia piątek, 3 kwietnia 2009, Pantherman napisał:
> I installed GNOME some time ago on my laptop, but liked the enlightened
> window manger better, so i went back and installed the Ubuntu system with
> the "Alternate" CD installing only the Linux base and using Apt-get
> install to install Xorg, GDM and e16.
>
> Keyboard works fine in the console and all the ALT-F1-F6 consoles, but
> not in GDM. In GDM neither the keybaord or mouse work (Both worked when I
> was using GNOME). Are there some Xorg drivers that I'm not installing
> that I need to?

I think taht you should either migrate to evdev driver, if yoy don't already
have it configured, or add
Option          "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
to SeverLayout section in your xorg.conf file. But I may be wrong :-)

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\